Does your property in Brixham need rising damp treatment?
All houses stand on damp soil. Rising damp happens when water from the ground rises up the house walls and normally evaporates above a few feet up. The walls act as a sponge. Penetrating damp is where rain comes in via the roof or through the walls and may rectified by a builder or roofer.
- Loose wall paper
- Dampness at the bottom of the walls only
- Perished plaster breaking up
- Salts on surface of walls
- Rotten skirting and rotting timber floors
- Damp in summer as well as winter
- Destruction of wallpaper and decorations
- Ruining of clothes and shoes
- Damp and smelly housing conditions
- Asthma, dust mites – poor health
- Rotting of structural timbers / skirting
- Encouragement of dry rot, wet rot, wood weevils, woodworm and death watch beetle
- A qualified surveyor can normally distinguish between the different causes of dampness
- Wrong diagnosis leads to un-necessary expense
- Many damp proofing cowboys will try to carry out unnecessary work.
- Dampco offers local professional surveys
- Injection of permanent chemical damp proof courses
- Tanking areas below ground level
- Remove all perished plaster and replastering with a warm, lightweight renovation plaster to dry wall out
- Replace and treat damaged timbers – skirting and wooden floors
- Dampco is a member of the BWPDA and PCA so conforms to government legislation
- We uphold the Control of Pesticides Act’s basic principles
- Chemicals will only be handled by trained staff
- Care will be taken to contain spillages and ensure chemicals do not pollute the environment
- Chemicals will not be used without good cause
- Human health and safety are paramount
- Non chemical methods of treatment will be adopted wherever economically possible.